Born Sarah Kaisi, this brilliant young diva who was born in Tanzania on the 7th
November in 1985 goes by the stage name of SHAA
SHAA comes from a family of four, lives in Dar es Salaam in Tanzania plus she is described by her friends and family as being lovely and vibrant as well as very creative with her own individual style and manner.
SHAA’s family was musical although her debut into the world as professional musician took place in 2004, with the group that goes by the name of “Wakilisha” – an East African Coca Cola Pop Stars group.
History of SHAA’s musical career:
- The hit single “Hoi” propelled SHAA and her fellow group members onto the music map.
- SHAA had many personal commitments, including completing her studies, which helped her make her decision to leave the group.
- SHAA went to Washington DC to complete her studies in art.
- While studying SHAA released two singles under the management of Wakilisha’s previous manager – Daniel Kiondo of Kiondo Communications International.
- In 2008 SHAA landed a major record deal with MJ Records which is a prominent record label in Tanzania.
- Under the umbrella of MJ Records, she managed to record her very first solo album which was released in 2010.
- Her album is called “Zamu Yangu” which, when translated, means “It’s My Turn”; thus named because she felt it was high time for her to produce her own solo album as all her ex band members had already achieved this.
- Zamu Yangu has ten songs including some of her fave music genres such as Zouk Reggae as well as Bongo Flava.
- Her single Zamu Yangu earned SHAA her very first nomination for the best R & B artist in 2008 a well as a MAMA Award Nomination in the Best New Act Category in 2009.
- Some of the artist collaborations in the album are A.Y, Maunda Zorro, Langa and Ras Gwandumi. The new album was produced by Marco Chali, Said Comorien and Bizzman.
- “Pambazuka” and “Zamu Yangu” are tracks that have received recognition and great reviews throughout East Africa.
There is little doubt that SHAA
is a multi-talented musician who is going places and has much to offer the Tanzanian music world with her fresh approach and quirky style.