Gloria Omba was born to David and Esther Muliro on the 4th
of September 1980 in the Vihiga District of Western Kenya, and is the fourth child of a family of five children. Gloria is now referred to as Gloria Muliro and is a well-liked Gospel
Musician in addition to being a song writer hailing from Kenya.
attended Emanyinga Primary School where she sat for her KCPE exams before enrolling at St. Theresa’s Academy for her secondary education and completed her Form Four exams in 2001. Further down the line Gloria attended the Dagoretti International Teachers Training College where she did a two yeas teachers training stint where sadly her final results were not released due to unpaid fees – but after working as house help she was able to successfully pay her fees and was able to get her results. Soon thereafter Gloria landed a teaching job at Maranatha Academy which is a local school.
Gloria later married Erick Omba who is a preacher.
History and influences of Gloria Muliro:
Some of Gloria Muliro’s singles:
- In 2005 Gloria Muliro released her first studio album which was titled “Omwami Aletsa”(The Lord is coming).
- By 2013, Gloria proudly had released four albums, the most successful being “Kibali” which means “Mandate” which includes the popular track "Sitolia" (I Won't Cry) together with Willy Paul.
- In 2005 Gloria The album earned her sixGroove Award
- Gloria proudly walked off with the prestigious Female of The Year Award at the eighth Groove Awards Ceremony; an event which was attended by President Uhuru Kenyatta.
- Gloria’s music is produced by Dreamland, Bize Bees, Ling and Eagle whom she claims are the pillars of her success.
- Sitolia ft Willy Paul.
- Follow you – 2011.
- Omwami Aletsa – 2005.
- Yesu Ningwedete.
- You’ve Done Well my Lord.
- Kitanzi ft Willy Paul – 2014.
Apart from performing in Church and recording songs, Gloria Muliro
does her bit for charity and has established her own foundation, The Gloria Muliro Foundation, which she uses as a channel to do good for the community.